Water is the essential natural resource that is potentially useful to us. Sadly, most of us take it for granted without understanding its importance. Our carefree attitude towards water utilization has led to increasing water shortage particularly, in urban areas. Water is the essential natural resource that is potentially useful to us. Sadly, most of us take it for granted without understanding its importance. Our carefree attitude towards water utilization has led to increasing water shortage particularly, in urban areas.
We are now increasingly becoming aware of the importance of water and have started taking measures to save water from depletion. One such option is “Rainwater Harvesting”, this involves the collection of water from surfaces on which it drips. The collected water is filtered and stored to serve a variety of our needs.
Advantages of Rainwater Harvesting:
Here are the advantages of Rainwater Harvesting,
- Rainwater Harvesting prevents soil erosion.
- When we capture the rainwater, the rainwater runoff is reduced considerably which minimises the likelihood of water lodging in the low-lying area.
- When you start collecting the rainwater, your water bill will start reducing considerably.
- In areas that have inadequate sources of water, rainwater harvesting can increase the water availability.
- Groundwater levels are not depleted when rainwater harvesting is cultivated.
- A cost-effective method to provide high-quality water since it requires low upfront capital investment.
- It prevents the possibility of rivers, Dams and other big water sources getting dried up.
- It acts as a fantastic backup source when you face acute shortage such as drought.
Rainwater Harvesting demands a bundled efforts of individuals, government bodies, and builders. In fact, the collected rainwater can be used for flush tanks, water plants, laundry, washing dishes, washing cars, etc. The other ways of using the rainwater include recharging of groundwater through recharge pits, borewells, recharge trenches, dug wells and soak pits.
Rainwater Harvesting Methods:
There are many methods to collect every single drop of rainwater that is falling on the surface of the earth.
- By installing Rainwater Barrels to collect the water.
- The dry System of collecting water in a large storage container.
- The wet system of collecting water underground.
- Green roof method of channeling the water to the garden.
Bengaluru’s current situation:
With the increasing urbanization, Bengaluru is experiencing more and more water shortage. In fact, it is seeing severe to moderate drought in the past eight years and there has been a tremendous increase in the quantity of run-off water in storm drains. When you dwell upon this issue, the percolation of rainwater into the subsoil has reduced immensely even though the city has been receiving 1000 millimeters of rainwater annually and this is because of rapid urbanization. Hence, most of the builders are coming up with Rainwater Harvesting as one of the features to minimize the water shortage. Sai Kalyan Builders and developers have been designing all their project by giving utmost importance to this feature and their latest luxury project “Sai Kalyan Ultima” has been well planned for “Rainwater Harvesting”.
If you are looking at real estate investment in residential projects near Manyata Tech Park, get intouch with Sai Kalyan Builders and developers for the best properties and grab your dream luxuryapartment soon.